Publications & Speaking Engagements
A busy year! Check out Dr. Hollis’ recent publications and speaking engagements, including empirical research on workplace bullying at community colleges, Title IX and sexual violence issues, and how workplace bullying affects diversity. To the left, Dr. Hollis is at the American Council on Education, Regional Women’s Leadership Forum at Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.
Publications & Research
Hollis, L. (2016) The coercive community college; Bullying and its costly impact on the mission to serve underrepresented populations. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. United Kingdom.
Hollis, L. & Davis, R. (2016) International students immigrating to the Title IX environment: A qualitative cultural analysis of community college international students. Eds. Raby R. & Valeau, E. International Education at Community Colleges: Themes, Practices, Research, and Case Studies. Palgrave.
Hollis, L. (2016 in press) Turn the Other Check: HBCU students’ reaction to collegiate bully. Journal of Negro Education.
Hollis L. (2016 in press) Qualitative Phenomenological Study: Considerations in engaging international students. SAGE Research Methods Case.
Hollis, L (2016). Guest Editor. Bullying: Harassment by another name, yet still very much the same . Journal of Black Sexual Relationships 2 (3).
Hollis, L. (2016) Canary in the mine: Ombuds as first alert for workplace bullying on campus. Journal of the International Ombudsman Association. 9 (1). 23-31
Hollis, L. (2015) Elephant in the Room: A Content Analysis of Unplanned Parenthood and Subsequent Drop-Out for Black Community College Students. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. 5 (12). 1-15.
Hollis, L. (2015) Take the Bull by the Horns: Structural Approach to Minimize Workplace Bullying for Women in American Higher Education. Forum on Public Policy. Oxford, England.
Hollis L. (2015) Bully University? The cost of workplace bullying and employee engagement in American higher education. Sage Open
Conferences & Speaking Engagements
1. Conference Co-Chair ABSC Spring Roundtable Series, St Thomas, the Virgin Islands, April 2016
2. Presented at American Association of Community Colleges National Convention. “Bruising the Bottom Line: The cost of workplace bullying at community colleges.” Chicago, IL. April 2016
3. Keynote Speaker. “How Workplace Bullying Affects Diversity,” Cornell University, April 2016
4. Presented at PA-Name. National Associational of Multicultural Education. “Color outside the lines? The impact of workplace bullying on people of color working in community colleges.” West Chester University, West Chester PA April 2016
5. Presented at Pennsylvania Black Conference on Higher Education, “Blacks and Blues: Workplace Bullying for African Americans in Higher Education.” Philadelphia PA March 2016
6. Keynote Speaker. “Microaggressions: Little things that hurt and how to handle it.” Swarthmore College. Swarthmore PA November 2015
7. Presented at Black Families, Black Relationships, Black Sexuality Conference “Baby Momma Drama: It’s Often curtains on black community college student progress to graduation.” Philadelphia October 2015
8. Keynote Speaker, Morgan State Faculty Institute. “Sticks and Stones.” Baltimore MD August 2015